The instructions for the layout of the paper as follows:
1. The paper is to be at least 3 full pages (Not counting bibliography), 1.5 spacing, 11 pt. Times New Roman font, 1 inch margins at top, bottom and sides, and justified side margins. You will turn in both a hard copy and a copy through Safe Assign,
2. You may use either MLA or APA style.
3. After the 3 full pages of text, page 4 will be a picture of the work you have chosen.
4. Page 5 will be the Bibliography or Works Cited page.
In addition to other sources, you must have at least 4 academic sources, at least 2 of which must be scholarly or peer-reviewed sources. If you have difficulty finding these types of sources, you must see me ASAP. You may not use Wikipedia for anything other than pictures.
Whether you are discussing a painting, sculpture, or any other piece of art, you are to follow the criteria used whenever one critiques a work of art. You will give
1. the biographical information (title, artist, date, country). (2 points)
2. description with enough detail to create a clear verbal picture of what you have chosen. (8 points)
3. historical context. This is where the majority of your research will lie. (40 points)
You must give
A. info about the artist (short bio that includes info about h/his other work) (10 points)
B. information about significant historical events or context in which the work was created that is relevant to the particular art movement and/or the art itself, (20 points)
C. the style of painting/sculpture or movement that your chosen piece is representative of, (5 points)
D. the characteristics the piece has that are representative of that style or movement, (5 points)
4. analysis of the work. This, as you know, is the discussion of the various elements of the work itself. (20 points)
5. your interpretation. (10 points)
Your interpretation/argument must be supported by the facts that you included earlier in the paper.
6. value.(5 points)
This will include the importance or value of the work when it was first created as well as now with supporting detail.
7. your personal opinion of the piece and why.
8. your opinion of the museum experience as a whole.
NOTE: # 7 and 8 together are worth 5 points.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET AN AMAZING DISCOUNT 🙂